Friday, September 19, 2014

Post #3

BlogPostWeek3


This week, we were told to write about anything that came up in our class periods or readings that peaked our interest. One thing that really interested me was when we broke into small groups, based on the age group and subjects we want to teach. In our groups, we discussed how we would design our classrooms, effective ways and methods of teaching, the personality traits we would possess as a teacher, and so on. It was really interesting to hear what my peers would do if they were already teachers and how their ideas compared and contrasted to my own. Speaking with them gave me new ideas and methods that would be effective in my own future classroom. Coming back and talking as a big group in class about the bad and good experiences we've had as students really made me think about my prior classrooms and how they affected my learning. A classroom needs to be an environment suitable for all students and needs to make them comfortable enough that they are able to use all their potential and learn all that they can. The room should put the students at ease and help them to focus, not distract them or take away from their education. The teacher, the room itself, and the other children have a major impact on the individual student, and all of the above should be presented in a way that is beneficial for the learning going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment